Demi Glace Sauce Mix
Don’t let the idea of the classic Demi Glace sauce scare you. Our RC Demi Glace Sauce Mix is very user friendly and very adaptable. Because it contains both beef and chicken stocks, it can straddle the aisle between meat and poultry.
Lighter in texture than gravies, it can be a great compliment for:
- Roasted Chicken or Turkey, Lamb or Veal.
- Add a little red wine and it is a great match for Beef.
- Serving Meatloaf? Add a little tomato to adjust the flavor.
- Roasted Pork—a touch of white wine or even apple juice and you have found harmony in your meal.
- Add mushrooms and serve over Beef tips.
Bordelaise Sauce Mix
Makes 2 cups
2 cups prepared RC Demi-Glace Sauce Mix
2 oz. dry red wine
1 shallot, chopped fine
1/2 tsp. peppercorns
pinch of thyme
1/2 tsp. ground bay leaves; whole bay leaf can be substituted
Directions: Add all the above ingredients into a sauce pan. Heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Strain through a sieve. Serve.
Port Wine Demi Glace
Makes approximately 3 cups
3 Tbsp. chopped shallots
1 tsp. crushed black peppercorns
3 cups prepared RC Demi Glace Sauce Mix
4 oz. Port Wine
Directions: Briefly sauté the shallots in oil. Add the crushed peppercorns and prepared RC Demi Glace Sauce Mix. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, add wine, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve.